[OZTL_NET] Sourcing audio books

Joyce Sendeckyj JSendeckyj at salesian.vic.edu.au
Wed Feb 11 10:32:55 AEDT 2015

Hello to all,
I am in the process of sourcing audio books for our Learning Support Dept. and would love any advice/supplier of either formats in CD or mp3 or itunes if any have been found.
I suspect that some schools may "burn" copies or have them downloaded onto ipods which they "wiped" and reloaded at the end of each year - if a school does this within copyright restrictions, I love to know how it's done.
Our IT dept. is currently investigating the possibility ofaudio files onto Clickview

This is what I have so far:

SUPPLIER - BOLINDA:

*         Silver Donkey by Sonia Hartnett

*         Bridge to Wiseman's cove James Moloney NOT AVAILABLE

*         Private Peaceful by Michael Morpugo

NB Costs to be confirmed

SUPPLIER - EBSCO:
NB: Although I have bought and paid for these in mp3 format and received the marc file - Ebsco's 'Collection file manager' is technically cumbersome and I currently have unresolved problems in downloading from their website - would not recommend going this way.

1Book1User (only 1 copy available)

The Odyssey: USD $62.98
Edgar Allan Poe short stories: USD $12.95
Romeo and Juliet: USD $29.95
Macbeth: USD $29.95
Wilfred Owen: The war poems: USD $14.98

This is a full list of the titles we are looking for:

Year 7    Silver Donkey by Sonia Hartnett
               The Odyssey edited by Christine McCaughean

Year 8    Trash by Andre Mulligan
               Top drawer: a collection of short stories (Phoenix Education)
               Bridge to wiseman's cove James Moloney

Year 9    Private Peaceful by Michael Morpugo
               Edgar Allan Poe short stories

Year 10 Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare (Parallel text)
               Lord of theFlies by William Golding

Year 11 The things they carried by Tim O'Brien
               Macbeth by Shakespeare (Parallel text)
               Catcher in the rye by D.J Salinger

Thanks for any assistance/advice anyone can give. :)

[cid:image001.png at 01CFCC1B.160FC7F0][Description: Description: Description: Description: Salesian-College-Crest JPEG - Copy]<http://www.salesianchad.vic.edu.au/>

Joyce Sendeckyj
Head of Information Services l Salesian College l
Bosco Campus l Bosco St Chadstone VIC 3148 l
t (03) 9807 2644 l f (03) 9888 1289 l
jsendeckyj at salesian.vic.edu.au<mailto:jsendeckyj at salesian.vic.edu.au> l www.salesian.vic.edu.au<http://www.salesian.vic.edu.au/> l

CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION

The information in this email and any attachments is privileged and confidential intended only for the use of the intended recipient. This information remains the property of Salesian College and if you are not the intended recipient please delete this message immediately. The views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not represent those of Salesian College unless clearly indicated. Please be advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the information is strictly prohibited. Salesian College accepts no responsibility for any viruses this email may contain. This notice should not be removed. If you have received this communication in error, please contact us at welcome at salesian.vic.edu.au<mailto:welcome at salesian.vic.edu.au> .