[OZTL_NET] TL Calendar

Susan Stephenson thebookchook at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:16:06 AEDT 2015

Calendar: I’ve been working on lists of special days useful to teachers and librarians. So far, I have three: A List of Book Related Special Days, A List of Fun Special Days and a List of Important Special Days. Right now only one of my lists is visible - (Book Related) http://list.ly/list/X6D-book-related-special-days <http://list.ly/list/X6D-book-related-special-days> as it’s almost ready for my post about it on 23/2 at The Book Chook. I plan to add a couple of days BB sent me to it as soon as I work out how to retain calendar order in my list once I adjust it. The other lists will go public soon and be published in March - I’ll post to OZTL when it’s done.

You may want a different format for your list, but I am using Listly because I can embed it in my blog post AND maintain it at Listly’s website AND update it via my handy dandy Listly bookmarklet in my browser. The thing is, if it’s useful to you, you can embed my list in your blog too. You can also change the way it looks. I stuck to the simplest look - just text - so it would take least space. I am also trying not to include every single possible day in each list - just find an assortment I think fit in well across the grades/states/units.

Off topic slightly: I went to my public library this morning with my love letter for the library and my book gift for International Book Giving Day. I bought Beautiful Oops by Barney Salzburg - partly because I love it and partly because I have parents at Storytime who are mortified when their preschoolers make “mistakes” and hasten to correct them. I thought the message might rub off!

Susan Stephenson
www.thebookchook.com
www.susanstephenson.com.au