[OZTL_NET] SHARE: food allergy books and posters

Susan Stephenson thebookchook at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 14:24:02 AEDT 2015

These people contacted me so am passing info along in case you have students who need this material.

"We will be providing lots of fun activities for this years Book Week  - Books Light Up Our World.

For schools, childcare centres or libraries that would like to get involved we have FREE craft, masks of the book characters Thai and Finn. Special book week colouring pages and a chance for a Sunshine Coast-Brisbane-Gold Coast school or childcare to have a visit from us! Here is the Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/events/799121726792256/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular <https://www.facebook.com/events/799121726792256/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular>

Book Information:

Our first two books are ideal for preschool/prep children, fun but educational. Teachers can get children involved in the story by using our 'No, Danger food' signs.

The books can be used as a springboard to start a conversation with children on allergies.

Our Third book is aimed at older children and discusses, EpiPens, an Allergic Reaction and including our friends with allergies. All the books can be used to teach children about food allergies, simple ways we can keep classmates safe and why we don't share food at school or kindy.

Schools, libraries and childcare centres can contact us at info at myfoodallergyfriends.com <mailto:info at myfoodallergyfriends.com> for book week posters, masks and colouring pages. www.myfoodallergyfriends.com <http://www.myfoodallergyfriends.com/> “

Susan Stephenson
www.thebookchook.com
www.susanstephenson.com.au