[OZTL_NET] Head of Library Services position

Judy Wilkes judywilkes at me.com
Mon Mar 2 15:31:48 AEDT 2015

Hello everyone ,
I would like to advise you of a position which will be soon available as Head of Library Services at Xavier College in Melbourne.

I have been fortunate and privileged to hold this position for the last 13 years but have recently reluctantly and sadly decided to  'downsize' my life and resign at the end of May.

My position was advertised in The Age [Melbourne] on Saturday 28t February, with applications closing on March 8th. Details also available on SEEK and AIS websites.

The successful applicant will take up the appointment in mid May or later by negotiation.

Details as per the advertisement are:

The Head of Library Services plays a key role in overseeing the effective operation of the Senior, Middle School and Early Years Libraries.

·      Full Time Ongoing
·      Teacher Librarianship qualification essential
·      Masters in Teacher Librarianship / Information Management desirable
.      Previous library management experience is required
·      3 Campus Responsibility
·      Based at Senior Campus, Kew

In making this appointment, the Principal is seeking an outstanding leader with a clear and articulate vision for the future of school libraries in the 21st Century.

Please refer to the Xavier College website at www.xavier.vic.edu.au <http://www.xavier.vic.edu.au/> for a detailed Role Description.

The successful applicant will be expected to fully support the Jesuit ethos of the College.

Applications including the contact details of three referees to be forwarded via email, to the Principal at employment at xavier.vic.edu.au <mailto:employment at xavier.vic.edu.au>

Applications close 8 March 2015

The Position Description is available on the College website and I am also happy to answer any questions you - or any interested applicants -  may have. My email is:  Judy.Wilkes at xavier.vic.edu.au

I hope that there is a suitably qualified, experienced and dynamic colleague out there who would like to further their career and accept the challenge in this excellent Catholic boys school in the inner Eastern suburbs of Melbourne and continue to lead the Libraries into the 21st century.

Thank you
Judy Wilkes
Director of Library Services
Xavier College