[OZTL_NET] SHARE: 50 Books All Kids Should Read Before They are 12

Barbara Braxton barbara.288 at bigpond.com
Thu Mar 5 07:44:41 AEDT 2015

I've posted a number of these sorts of "best of" lists on my blog before but
when I shared this one on my private FB page, it's generated an amazing number
of responses.  Most are saying that many of those for the 9-12 year olds are, in
fact, inappropriate because reading is so much more than being able to decode
the words.  There is a level of worldly knowledge, maturity and experience that
needs to be brought to the page if the value of the message and the beauty of
the writing is to be properly valued.  What do you think?

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/lists/50-books-all-kids-should-read-before-they
re-12#

Barbara

Barbara Braxton

Teacher Librarian

M.Ed.(TL), M.App.Sci.(TL), M.I.S. (Children's Services)

Dromkeen Librarian's Award 2003

COOMA NSW 2630

AUSTRALIA

barbara.288 at bigpond.com