[OZTL_NET] ALIA or ASLA - Which is best for a T/L to join

Jensen, Michelle Michelle.Jensen8 at det.nsw.edu.au
Thu Mar 5 12:12:19 AEDT 2015

Hi All,
The School Library Association of New South Wales delivers content that is accredited by BOSTES. BOSTES is the accrediting body for Teachers including Teacher Librarians in NSW. In relation to accreditation for employees who need Institute accreditation you would need to complete courses accredited by BOSTES. ALIA does not accredited in relation to BOSTES.
SLANSW http://slansw.asn.au/
THANK-YOU Barbara Braxton for mentioning us. Its important to give the full picture and when advising on Teacher Librarians in other states it is important to keep that states association in the loop.
Would love to have a chat with you Fabian. I am a member of SLASNW and ALIA to have both areas of my profession equally covered.
Regards,
Michelle Jensen
TEACHER LIBRARIAN!
President, School Library Association of New South Wales