[OZTL_NET] FW: SLANZA Conference 2015 Call for Abstracts

Barbara Braxton barbara.288 at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 9 11:56:21 AEDT 2015

SLANZA 2015 will be held in my home town of Christchurch in late September and the call is now open to submit abstracts if you are considering presenting. (I have a list of suggested topics if you email me offlist.)

If you are interested in presenting you can download a form from http://www.slanza2015.co.nz/slanza15 and they are due by March 31.

My partner-in-crime can no longer go with me and I'm still considering whether I will offer to do a presentation. But I'm definitely going because it's home, because it's a way to support the recovery of Christchurch after the earthquake, because it's an opportunity to keep learning from a diverse range of people in the profession and because Christchurch is just perfect at that time of the year - rather like Canberra in March.  Even if you're not going to present keep an eye on the website because registrations open in May.

If others of you are thinking about going then perhaps we can make up a table at the conference dinner.  I can translate for you.  LOL.  Let me know.

Barbara

Barbara Braxton
Teacher Librarian
M.Ed.(TL), M.App.Sci.(TL), M.I.S. (Children's Services)
Dromkeen Librarian's Award 2003
COOMA NSW 2630
AUSTRALIA
barbara.288 at bigpond.com