[OZTL_NET] Official Sponsor Message - Vanuatu Book Aid

Penny Szentkuti penny.szentkuti at ascham.nsw.edu.au
Thu Mar 19 15:28:19 AEDT 2015

I appreciate the thinking behind reluctance to send weeded books to charities but a blanket statement is not appropriate either.
I work in a K-2 library which has not been weeded for a very long time.
The books I am pulling off are often in excellent condition, simply unsuitable for my young readers.
Other titles which do not appeal to my girls-only audience, or duplicates of titles which have not remained popular, sit untouched and do not merit shelf space in this particular library. They might be quite suitable for other readers in other libraries.

Saying that weeded books should never be passed on is as helpful as saying that weeded books should always be passed on. As professionals we are capable of making informed decisions.
I'm delighted that my recently weeded books may be of use to someone in need.

Regards,
Penny Szentkuti
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D06259.53152350]

Ms Penny Szentkuti

Teacher Librarian

188 New South Head Road Edgecliff Sydney NSW 2027 Australia

T 02 8356 7045     F 02 8356 7230     www.ascham.nsw.edu.au<http://www.ascham.nsw.edu.au/>

Notice:
The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files may be confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail
is unauthorised. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this email and any attachments that do not relate
to the official business of the School are neither given nor endorsed by it.