[OZTL_NET] TARGET; Transgender/ gender identity books for elementary/primary

Barbara Braxton barbara.288 at bigpond.com
Sat Mar 21 16:58:44 AEDT 2015

I do hope I have the right title for what I'm looking for. Oli was born a girl,
but since the age of 3, has identified as a boy. He is now 10 and has very
supportive parents and the school is helping him make the transition more widely
known.  Part of this will be providing a range of books that will help our
students see this as just being one of the rich threads that make up the
tapestry that is our community.

I'm aware of Gracefully Grayson - a fiction book about gender identity -
http://amipolonsky.com/books/  and TeD talks and a book called Far from the tree
by Andrew Solomon - http://andrewsolomon.com/  which might be better for his
parents.

I really need recommendations that are suitable for 10 year olds - for both Oli
and his peers.

Thanks

Barbara

Barbara Braxton

Teacher Librarian

M.Ed.(TL), M.App.Sci.(TL), M.I.S. (Children's Services)

Dromkeen Librarian's Award 2003

COOMA NSW 2630

AUSTRALIA

barbara.288 at bigpond.com