[OZTL_NET] Vale Georgia Blain

Jenny Watts cloverdale99 at bigpond.com
Tue Dec 13 12:51:31 AEDT 2016

Dear Colleagues

Sadly, Australia has lost not one, but two members of the same family of writers. Writer Georgia Blain, daughter of broadcasters and activists Ellis Blain and Anne Deveson , has battled a brain tumour for more than a year. http://bit.ly/2hxjUUm

Her mother died just days later from the effects of Alzheimer’s Disease.

I had several of Georgia’s works on my library shelves, but it was her adult books that gained most acclaim. Her last work, Between a Wolf and a Dog is shortlisted for the Queensland Literary Award, the 2017 Indie Award and the 2017 Victorian Premier’s Award

Jenny Watts
Consultant and Mentor 2016
Orange East PS