[OZTL_NET] Primary libraries please

Losang Zopa losangzopa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:53:19 AEDT 2016

This year, we used what I had to hand as it was the first time the girls
(Year 5) had  never done literature circles but we had great success with:

Nim's Island - Wendy Orr
Charlotte's Web - E. B. White
Boss of the Pool  - Robin Klein

(these for not so capable readers)

When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit - Judith Kerr
Disappearing Act - James Moloney
Wordhunters # 1 - Nick Earls
Thai-riffic - Oliver Phommavanh

and another the title of which escapes me just now!

But next year, I too want to use Wonder as well as New Boy, The One and
Only Ivan and I think Hana's Suitcase would be great as they don't always
want fiction (also Hiding Edith is a favourite of mine) .I'm also just
reading Sachiko - Caren Stelson (Walker Books) for review,  which is an
account of a little girl who survived the bombing of Nagasaki. I think this
would be fabulous as well - though might be expensive to buy enough copies.

cheers

Sue Warren
Qld T-L
Just So Stories: http://losangzopa.wordpress.com