[OZTL_NET] BOOK WEEK 2017

Barbara Braxton barbara.288 at bigpond.com
Mon Mar 6 07:20:21 AEDT 2017

If you have any authors among your friends on FB you will know how big a
deal the release of the CBCA Notables is for them, particularly those whose
works are featured.

So why not support their efforts - I am learning how tough it is for them to
get published which is why I review so many books from small indie
publishers - create a display of the Notables that are suitable for your
students and encourage the reading NOW.  Don't wait for the shortlists!!!

Apart from introducing the kids to some quality Australian literature, you
will encourage them to keep writing - and that's the best we can do for our
kids if we want them to have access to a diverse collection of amazing,
engaging stories.

This year I am going to start updating Book Week for Beginners
http://bookweek-for-beginners.wikispaces.com/ early by linking the Notables
to reviews but I haven't had access to all the books so if you know of
reviews particularly for those for older readers (or are prepared to write
one) please let me know.

Barbara

Barbara Braxton

Teacher Librarian

M.Ed.(TL), M.App.Sci.(TL), M.I.S. (Children's Services)

Dromkeen Librarian's Award 2003

COOMA NSW 2630

AUSTRALIA

 <mailto:barbara.288 at bigpond.com> barbara.288 at bigpond.com