[OZTL_NET] Sydney Story Factory - new Parramatta centre position available

S. Morton morton.sh at optusnet.com.au
Mon Mar 6 16:36:39 AEDT 2017

For anyone interested in fostering the love of writing in young people the Sydney Story Factory is planning on opening a second location (the first being in Redfern). It is a not-for-profit organisation and its founder is Dr Cath Keenan who was 2016 Australian Local Hero.

SYDNEY STORY FACTORY HIRING!

We are looking for someone with a passion for writing, and for working with young people, to set up and run our second not-for-profit creative writing centre for young people, Sydney Story Factory Parramatta. Scheduled to open in May 2018, the centre will run creative writing and storytelling programs for young people aged 7 to 17 across Greater Western Sydney.

This is a chance to really make your mark and shape an institution that will improve the lives of thousands of young people in years to come.

The role will have two distinct phases. The centre is scheduled to open in May 2018, so the main task until then will be setting the centre up. We anticipate employing staff and becoming operational from March/April 2018, at which point the role will transition to becoming the director of this centre. We anticipate the successful applicant will initially work part-time, moving to full-time around January 2018, but this is negotiable.

The successful applicant will need to take on a huge range of tasks, the most important of which will be building strong relationships in diverse communities and developing an inclusive, inspiring and creative culture at the centre.

A position description containing further information and selection criteria is available HERE.

Send your CV, a statement addressing key selection criteria and a one-page cover letter to Bheki Mkwananzi on bheki at sydneystoryfactory.org.au by 5pm on 22nd March, 2017.

Please note, appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory Police Check, Working with Children Check, Psychometric Assessment and a three-month probation period.

Sue Morton (retired)
"I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish one more chapter!"