[OZTL_NET] Review: Smart about Sharks

Losang Zopa losangzopa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 10:02:21 AEDT 2017

Smart about Sharks – Owen Davey

Walker Books

October 2016

*ISBN:*  9781909263918
*Imprint: * NB - Flying Eye

RRP $27.99

I’ve mentioned previously my childhood geeky obsession with factual books
so when glorious new ones arrive in packages I’m always thrilled. This is
the first of a few over which I shall rave.

It’s unfortunate that the image doesn’t reveal the wonderful tactile
pleasure of the retro-style binding and pages but I shall try to do justice
this slice of informational deliciousness.

I can’t say I’ve ever really wanted to know much about sharks, although
Miss Small has considered them favourites of hers for a long time, but this
beauty just begged for me to read and wonder over many quirky and
interesting facts.

From the weird and wonderful to the feeding frenzy this is just a joy
throughout.

Considering the high profile sharks have in this country – and for my two
cents’ worth if you don’t want to face one then don’t go into their home! –
I think many young readers will relish this.

Highly recommended for primary libraries and children with an interest in
nature.
Sue Warren
Qld T-L

Just So Stories: http://losangzopa.wordpress.com