[OZTL_NET] SHARE; CBCA Notable Books

Barbara Braxton barbara.288 at bigpond.com
Tue Mar 7 12:15:49 AEDT 2017

Yesterday I wrote a post about making a display of the CBCA Notables for
2017 http://cbca.org.au/notables-2017 and several of you responded saying
"if only you had time."

But given there are a lot of books in each category it seems to me to be the
perfect opportunity to have a meaningful in-context lesson on using the
OPAC, searching the shelves and so forth for the students as you get them to
find them for you and help create the display.  Start building anticipation
early and maybe one or two will find one or two they want to check out
immediately.

I will start to link to reviews in the wiki Book Week for Beginners
http://bookweek-for-beginners.wikispaces.com/ soon but currently coping with
a hubby in hospital so my time is being soaked up right now.  Thanks to
those who have sent me links to follow up already.

Barbara

Barbara Braxton

Teacher Librarian

M.Ed.(TL), M.App.Sci.(TL), M.I.S. (Children's Services)

Dromkeen Librarian's Award 2003

COOMA NSW 2630

AUSTRALIA

 <mailto:barbara.288 at bigpond.com> barbara.288 at bigpond.com